What is MEAN Stack?
MEAN is not only a Web development framework but it can be used as a mobile app development framework as well. The reason behind this is that there are other frameworks available for mobile app development like PhoneGap or other Cordova frameworks which can be added to MEAN for building mobile apps.
Benefits of using MEAN Stack?
- The MEAN Stack is a high performing, scalable and lightweight set of tools that can be used to rapidly develop any type of application. It is the most popular technology stack for creating backends for Web Applications.
- MEAN stack is a full-stack web development framework. It uses MongoDB as a database, Express as a server-side web framework, Angular as the client-side framework and Node.js as the runtime environment. You can start this stack from scratch or use it as a base to build your own applications.
- It has a simple architecture which offers the ease of app development. It also provides easy connectivity to other tools that are cloud-based.
- One of the great benefits of using MEAN is that it provides powerful tools to create both front-end and back-end applications.
- Another great benefit of MEAN is that you can use any number of programming languages on the front end and back end, depending on what you are working on at the time. That will let you focus on one language at a time without having to learn everything else in coding languages.
What is MERN Stack?
Benefits of using MERN Stack?
- MERN stack is designed for fast prototyping and scalability on the back end, but lacks some features on the front end that are not necessary until you scale up your application more than just a prototype on your laptop or desktop computer.
- It reduces the complexity of building a web application because it integrates these four frameworks in one place.
- It creates an architecture where the codebase is well organized and easy to read.
- It enables developers to build RESTful APIs to serve data from external services in JSON format.
Does Angular, React, and Vue play’s similar role in coding?
Which is better MEAN or MERN?
I my knowledge I would prefer MEAN because it is more popular and has a larger community that shares their knowledge with others. If you do not have coding experience already, MEAN might be the better option for you as well simply because it will take less time to learn and will allow you to set up your own server or web applications without having to know much about the backend. However, if you have experience with other programming languages that are similar like Java or Python
Both MEAN and MERN have their own sets of pros and cons depending on what type of project you’re working on but what really matters is understanding your requirements before choosing one over the other!